Thursday, June 13, 2013

Why go to the bakery....super easy Raspberry Truffle Tart.

Why go to the bakery...when you can make this professional looking but super easy tart! I seriously had my doubts when I saw the picture and saw how pretty it was. I was like "No way!!!  My stuff never turns out that pretty.."  Guess what...it was easy and it turn out easy.  In the recipe, it says to use a store bought pie crust but I made my own.  I will post the original recipe and I will also not my changes.

Raspberry Truffle Tart

Crust:
1 Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box  (I made my own sweetened pastry crust.  Recipe below)

1 egg white
2 tablespoons ground almonds

Filling:
6 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, broken into pieces
1/4 cup butter
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons raspberry-flavored liqueur (optional) (I didn't use this but I might when I when I am not pregnant)
2 cups fresh raspberries

Topping:
1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam (I used jam with seeds in it....it still turn out good.)
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 ounce semisweet baking chocolate
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup sliced almonds
Mint leaves (Yeah...didn't use this...I really don't like mint that much.)


Directions:
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom or 9-inch glass pie pan. Trim edge if necessary. Bake 7 minutes.

Remove partially baked crust from oven. Lightly brush crust with egg white; sprinkle with ground almonds. Return to oven; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool while making filling.

In 2-quart saucepan, melt 6 oz chocolate and the butter over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from heat.

In small bowl, beat egg yolks slightly with wire whisk. Stir in liqueur. Add egg yolk mixture to chocolate. With wire whisk, beat over low heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens. Pour into cooled baked shell. Arrange raspberries over filling.

In 1-quart saucepan, melt jam over low heat. Stir in extract. Gently brush over raspberries.

In another 1-quart saucepan, melt 1 oz chocolate with oil over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Drizzle over raspberries. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Garnish with mint leaves. Store in refrigerator.

Rich Tart Pastry Recipe:
1 1/4 cups AP flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 egg yolks, beaten
1 tablespoon ice water

1. In medium bowl stir together flour and sugar.  Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until pieces are peas size.  In a small bowl stir together egg yolks and ice water.  Gradually stir egg yolks mixture into flour mixture.  Using your fingers, gently knead the pastry until a ball forms.  Cover pastry with plastic warp and chill for 30 to 60 minutes or until pastry is easy to handle.  (I just used my food processor.  Much easier to use.)

2. On a floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten the pastry.  Roll pastry from center to edges into a circle 12 inches in diameter. 

3. Wrap pastry circle around the rolling pin.  Unroll it into a 10-inch tart pan that has a removable bottom.  Ease pastry into pan without stretching it.  Press pastry into fluted sides of tart pan; trim edges.  Do not prick pastry. Fill and bake pastry as directed in recipe.  (Well, I did not roll the pastry out.  I just kind of smushed it into the pan.  You also want to prick the bottom of the tart dough.  You are baking the dough by itself so it will get air bubbles in it and that isn't good.  Those are the only changes I made to this recipe.) 


What is a recipe without a picture.  It turn out super pretty and super yummy. I made this exact recipe but with blackberries and dark chocolate.  That turn out super yummy also.


Raspberry Truffle Tart



Blackberry Truffle Tart

Hope you all enjoy these recipes.  I need to make them again soon once raspberries are not so expensive which should be soon.  The original recipe for the tart was found on allrecipe.com and the tart pastry dough recipe is found in the Better Homes and Garden cookbook.

If you make it, let me know how you like it and how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment